PCH designs custom product solutions for many of the best brands in the world. If it can be imaged, it can be made. At PCH, we make hardware and soft goods (not software.)
The PCH Innovation Hub (our 30,000 square foot building in Potrero Hill) is home to PCH and PCH Lime Lab, and next door to our hardware accelerator, Highway1, and our PCH Access program that helps startups get their product to market. PCH was founded in 1996 by CEO Liam Casey. The company is headquartered in Cork, Ireland, and our U.S. headquarters are in San Francisco.
We have extensive operational and engineering in Shenzhen, China. We have 2800 employees worldwide. There are over 100 employees in SF, and growing. We are passionate about design, about brand and about the customer experience. We love what we do, and have an open culture. We are looking for the right person with a passion for customer service.
About the Role
PCH is looking for an IT Manager for our San Francisco office. The role of the IT Manager is to be the lead IT representative in our San Francisco offices and be responsible for the activities and operations of the IT department here.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has been the IT manager for a small company or someone who has worked for a larger organization but was responsible for the IT operations of a region or business unit. You will be a proven IT Manager with prior hands-on technical and project management expertise and someone who is used to operating within a small IT Team with a "get your hands dirty" approach to resolving problems.
You are energetic, motivated, and proactive. You have excellent attention to detail, proven team leadership skills, strong problem-solving skills, strong business consultancy skills, and an ability to prioritize and adapt to change. You are also be a strong communicator with excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Report to the group IT Lead on a regular basis
- Report to local management for day to day operations
- Work closely with other senior IT leaders across the group to implement company projects, systems, policies, and procedures
- Work with group IT Lead and the Software Solutions teams to help with the requirements gathering, rollout and training of new systems or changes to existing systems
- Responsible for the planning, administration, and maintenance of the IT infrastructure to ensure the systems are running smoothly at all times including systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery planning
- Manage the IT Team, hire and train new team members, ensure the team is motivated and provide mentoring and career development
- Responsible for IT support ensuring the IT department is providing around the clock expert support both internally and to our external clients when needed. Manage support timetable and roster support as required on short notice.
- Support both windows and mac environments
- Negotiate service level agreements with both internal and external customers and service providers and monitor service delivery to ensure the agreed targets and standards are met
- Responsible for the implementation of corporate policies, procedures and standards relating to IT systems
- Responsible for information security and compliance with ISO 27001 certification
- Oversee the IT set up of new facilities, including the infrastructure and hiring and training of new staff
Knowledge & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Project Management (with certification in PMP or Prince 2, a plus)
- Relationship Management
- Desktop support for both Windows and Mac
- System and Server Administration
- Network Infrastructure
- Information Security
- New System research, selection, and roll out
- Vendor Management, negotiating with and managing third party partners and suppliers
- 5+ years IT Management Experience with a strong primary degree in Computer Science or related IT discipline
- Comfortable in decision making and managing an IT budget
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of interacting with employees at all levels
- A can-do attitude
- Ability to work on own initiative and often under pressure of demanding timelines
- A solid skill base is needed to hit the ground running, and commercial acumen focusing on long-term outcomes and the financial implications of the actions expected. Skills such as the following are preferred:
- Up to date knowledge of IT hardware, Networking and IT systems
- Have knowledge on SaaS and cloud management (private and public)
- VLAN and firewall management, and general high level of knowledge on network security and protection.
- Familiar with Domain environment and Active Directory and file system management
- High level of knowledge on MSFT base products, including but not limited to SharePoint, Exchange email server etc. Experience on O365 and Azure management is desired.