About PCH Lime Lab
PCH Lime Lab is the product design and engineering division of PCH. Our passion is making, our expertise is engineering. We take on the most sophisticated design engineering challenges, where no detail is too small and each project is unique. PCH works with the world’s most innovative brands, from startups to Fortune 500 companies, guiding product creation through all phases – from opportunity, concept, design engineering and development, to packaging, manufacturing and the customer experience.
PCH Lime Lab is seeking a Senior Engineering Program Manager to oversee complex multidisciplinary projects. This position involves managing cross-functional teams developing new products for our clients from concept through production. The Senior Engineering Program Manager ensures project success by scoping, planning & coordinating project activities, and managing communication, schedules, budget, project goals and deliverables to the project team while maintaining a continuous dialogue with the client.
- Lead multidisciplinary project teams in complex product development projects.
- Create and maintain project schedules in & monitor project team progress. Make adjustments as required, assess risks and control scope.
- Maintain rapport with clients through regular communication of project status, risks and issues.
- Deliver high quality results on schedule and within budget.
- Be the champion for the client & team and recognize and reward success.
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of experience as a Technical Project or Program Manager
- Shipped 5+ hardware products or subsystems as Lead Program Manager
- Proven ability to successfully manage large-scale projects and teams that deliver products on schedule and within budget constraints
- Strong technical background across multiple project development disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical & Embedded Firmware Engineering, Manufacturing and Industrial Design preferred)
- Deep understanding of the engineering product development process
- Strong presentation and client interaction skills. Able to stay calm under fire and think on their feet
- Experience estimating and proposing project scope, schedule and costs
- Experience working with overseas contract manufacturers
- Intimate understanding of day-to-day project delivery requirements, issues, needs and risk mitigation. Having sound judgment of when to elevate concerns and ask-for-help
- Strong understanding and use of project management "Best Practices", methodologies, standards, and tools
- Experience with Microsoft Project or other scheduling tools
- Experience with Earned Value
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and/or internationally to client & manufacturing sites
- Bachelor of Science degree (preferably in engineering) is required
- Advanced degree is preferred
- PMP Certification is a plus