About PCH Lime Lab
PCH Lime Lab is the product design and engineering division of PCH. Our passion is making, our expertise is engineering. We take on the most sophisticated design engineering challenges, where no detail is too small and each project is unique. PCH works with the world’s most innovative brands, from startups to Fortune 500 companies, guiding product creation through all phases – from opportunity, concept, design engineering and development, to packaging, manufacturing and the customer experience.
PCH Lime Lab is looking for a Senior Firmware Engineer with 6-10 years of experience as a system designer in product development for our San Francisco office. Working with an experienced cross-disciplinary team, you must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. Qualified candidates must possess a drive to learn new things in a very short period of time and be capable of providing technical leadership in evaluating and integrating a range of software solutions. You will be responsible for leading software development from concept through test to mass production of high volume consumer products. The ideal candidate has a well-rounded background in all aspects of software design including an in-depth knowledge of systems architecture on small systems, low level software (device drivers, state machines, main loop vs RTOS), and power management. A significant part of the job will require working alongside hardware design engineers and participating in board bring-up and debug.
- 6-10 years of professional experience
- Must be an effective communicator and have excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable being in client meetings, and able to convey information within the EE/FW team as well as to outside stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop real-time embedded software and knowledge of real-time concepts (concurrency, synchronization, protection, pitfalls)
- Deep understanding of the C language, and experience with at least one other language
- Working knowledge GNU ARM toolchain, or other major toolchain (Keil, TrueSTUDIO, DS-5, etc)
- Strong embedded development skills on microcontroller platforms, particularly ARM Cortex-M series devices
- Expertise in cost/performance tradeoffs for microcontroller selection, such as designing for low-power, battery-operated, portable devices
- Working knowledge of standard wired bus connectivity schemes such as - I2C, SDIO, SPI etc.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and design for manufacture (DFM)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in a laboratory environment
- Practical hands-on lab experience with board bring-up, debug, and validation
- Ability to group brainstorming and implement quick prototypes of potential solutions
- Adept at working with multiple teams locally and internationally
- Experience leading a small team of engineers working on a product
- Experience in product definition, including documenting software architecture, features, and tests.
- 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership
- 3+ years of hands-on software development
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- High volume consumer electronics background. Have proven track record of shipping products
- Experience with the product development in Linux and/or other OS, device driver integration, memory management a big plus
- Ability to show expertise in developing connectivity solutions like BLE, wifi and other mesh and star networks
- This position will require some international travel to support engineering builds